Welcome to the Target Gift Card Giveaway! We are giving away a $20 Target gift card to one lucky reader!To enter simply use the Rafflecopter form below and complete the entries of your choice. Giveaway ends 1/7/13 and is open to the US/Can only. Good luck!
Happy New Year! I hope you all had a good 2012 and that your 2013 is even better. My 2012 was okay (definitely better than 2011 at least) and I am just thankful for my family and friend’s health and overall well-being.
It is hard to believe this is the last blog post of the year and that I have been doing this for two years. I may not be the biggest or best blogger, but I am proud that I post daily and strive to put out useful information. I hope to continue to hone my skills this coming year. The blog has helped my freelance writing career. It is essentially my portfolio when I apply for freelance writing. I have landed quite a bit of freelance writing with it (blog) and my English degree to back me up. Most of it is ghostwriting, but that is fine by me!
I could and should have several New Year’s resolutions, but I am concentrating on one in particular. I plan on improving my personal finances. My recent Savings Saturday post goes over this in detail. If I have one piece of advice for the new year for everyone else it would be to find one goal to strive for this coming year. You don’t have to be 100% successful, making headway counts.
I wish you all a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2013!
*Photo courtesy of Charmingfare Farm
As the song goes, “It’s wonderful weather for a sleigh ride together…”. I had the privilege of going on a Sleigh Ride Social at Charmingfare Farm in Candia, New Hampshire last night. The only downside was my big disappointment when it came to pictures. I took my camera, but I have only owned it a couple of months. It was the first time I attempted to use it at night and the pictures didn’t come out! However, everything else was perfect!
Every Saturday night the sleighs are out to take you and your guests on a beautiful ride around the farm. We had the perfect weather with a few inches of snow already on the ground and snow continuing to fall. The sleighs were on their runners (they still go out if there isn’t snow, however they will use wheels) and the ride was so smooth! We got off the sleigh after an approximate 20 minute ride and there was a campfire with hot dogs, hot cocoa, and marshmallows (and music too!). You can roast your own hot dog over the fire or choose to have it cooked on the grill. It was so perfect to be out and enjoy the fire while the snow was falling. You can stay and enjoy the fire, food, and socializing as long as you prefer. When you are ready to go, simply get on the next sleigh and head back to the Charmingfare gift barn. [Read more...]
1. Current car loan debt is just under the $15k mark. I hope to have this under the $10k mark by the end of 2013. Updates: Quarterly
2. Current credit card debt is $1352. I plan to have it at $0 by the end of the year. Updates: Monthly
3. Savings-I currently save $35 per week. After a few unexpected expenses, it is too embarrassing to even mention where it is at. Let’s just say I will continue to save $35 a week and hope to increase that to $40 per week by mid-year. Updates: Quarterly
4. I plan on boosting my online income to $1800 a month on a regular basis. I have to make $1200 per month to pay my current bills and save at my current rate. Obviously my household expenses are higher than this but I also tutor, hubby contributes, and I get a little bit of child support. In future updates the income included will be from the blog, freelance writing, and mystery shopping (Not all mystery shops are online, but I will group them here). Updates: Monthly
5. My student loans are on deferment for one year (as of August 2012). I plan on lifting this by mid-year at the latest. Updates: Quarterly
6. I do have a ROTH IRA, but due to having debt, I don’t do much in the way of contributing to it. I hated to not contribute at all, so I do squirrel away a measly $25 a month (something is better than nothing). I hope to increase this before the end of the year to at least $50 monthly. Updates: Quarterly
These are the 2013 financial goals I need to concentrate on. I figured by sharing them with my readers, I would feel more accountable and less likely to “fall off the wagon”. What are your 2013 financial goals?
Welcome to the VISA Gift Card Giveaway! A Goddess of Frugality has teamed up with some awesome blogs to give our readers the chance to win a $200 VISA Gift Card!
The Visa Gift card is a prepaid card welcome everywhere Visa Debit cards are accepted. Visa Gift cards are loaded with a set amount of funds on the card and can be used for multiple purchases for as long as value remains on the card. This giveaway is co-hosted by: Military Wives Saving | Krazy Coupon Club | Shopaholicmommy | Beauty Brite | My Vegan Gluten-Free Life | Coupons In Motion |. Giveaway is open worldwide and ends January 11th at 11:59 PM EST. Good luck!