Some tips will work for some and will not work for others. Hopefully, you can use a few of these:
1. Be a reader! Those who tend to read often will have a stronger vocabulary and more ideas (generally speaking) to work with.
2. The thesaurus is your friend. Don’t repeat the same word over and over.
3. Take a break. If you are stuck, take a thirty minute break and then go back to work. This often helps with writer’s block.
4. Write regularly: As the old saying goes, “practice makes perfect”. No one is a perfect writer, but those who write often are more likely to do better work.
5. Proofread your work. Mistakes happen, but proofreading will help reduce the number of errors.
6. Educate yourself on grammar rules. A grammar book is a great reference to have around if you write on a regular basis.